Hold ball in front - imagine ball about the size of a volleyball
or soccerball. Right hand on bottom.
Lean to right, extending right hand palm up and left hand palm down
Left leg, body and head form a straight line which is slanted. This
is the axis for next movements.
Turn left about axis, compressing right hand toward left hand, which
has been turned up and toward body.
Turn is all the way to left, 90 degrees. Keep axis straight and slanted.
Release pressure and turn on axis other direction 90 degrees right.
Right hand goes down palm up, left hand compresses toward it.
After hands cross, turn them over and separate, performing movement
in opposite direction.
Hold ball right hand down.
Fair Lady Works Shuttles to right: push with left hand, aligned with
left leg. block up with right hand, to 45 degree angle.
Roll back to back leg. Pushing hand (left) drops down then scoops up
to right (with body turn) until in "hold the mirror" position. Right hand
is palm down at elbow.
Rotate the body to left as far as possible, looking
at "mirror" hand. Then push with down hand, and scoop it up to "mirror"
Rotate with body to right as far as possible. Drop hands and align with
90 degrees right.
Lift hands palm up to sides. As you lift, right leg lifts. Try to lift
it to parallel to ground.
Sink down on left leg, gently dropping right foot to ground, while
"combing hair" with hands. Turn to
face front while transferring weight to right foot.
Repeat to left.
Hold ball right hand down.
Form hook with left hand -- wrist loose, fingers touching,
thumb in middle of fingers, hook pointing down.
Lift right hand up to chest height palm up.
Step out and and back right. Turn to right.
Push right hand out, moving weight forward. Turn right hand
around with push.
Circle right hand left and down. Circle with body. Hook comes over the
top as you bend forward. Right hand comes in, hook extends away and down
as you double over.
Extend right hand palm up under hook.
Straighten up, imagining a connection between hook and right palm. Keep
square to right.
Extend and lean back forming a straight line with right leg, body and hook.
Settle into left leg, don't thrust hips forward.
Use dan tien to circle right hand right and up, then over the hold ball
with left hand down.
- Repeat on other side.
Pick up Needle from Sea Bottom
- Flow hands to right, turning on left heel.
- Flow hands back and over the top, right fingers point
to left wrist. Left hand is vertical, with the thumb up.
- Right foot is empty with toe touching. Sink down on left leg.
Back is bent over a little, but bend is from hip and slight.
- Sink into left hip joint.
- Scoop left hand under right hand on top.
- Lift ball straightening up, with a little turn to right.
Lift to over head.
- Settle down with ball closer to chest, hands on either side.
Right foot is empty, centered with toe down.
- Step out wide with right hand and lean to right. Rotate
trunk so that lean is over side, extend hands with ball over head, body
and left leg form straight line.
- Return to previous position holding ball in front of chest.
Keep right foot empty through next series of movements.
- Slide hands up over ball and push it down.
- Rotate left, with right hand rolling under left, holding ball.
- Rotate right, with left hand rolling under right, holding ball.
- Rotate left, hands still, pivoting right foot.
- After passing neutral, weight goes to right foot.
Repeat on left side.
Snake Creeps Down
- Lift wrists, bring closer to body, fingers down
- Step out right
- Hands lead body straight down, keeping torso upright, to full
squat on one leg.
- Hands lead body toward extended leg, begin to rise.
- Weight is transferred to right leg, right hand and arm extended,
thumb side up. Left hand points to right wrist, palm down.
- Circle right arm over head and to left side, transferring
weight to left side. Right hand rotates to remain thumb up. Left hand
slides down to point to elbow.
- Squat down and continue circle of right arm down and back
to right. End with Left hand pointing to wrist again, but right hand
is now thumb down.
- Shift weight back, lean back and circle right arm up and
behind you. Body and arm should make a line slanting back at some point.
Left hand slides down to elbow and nearly to shoulder.
- Left hand circles down and forward, even as right hand
continues back and down.
- Shift weight back to front and do palm (left) under elbow (right)
thrusting straight forward (still facing R side)
- Turn back to front and balanced weight. Right hand circles
(Chen style) and then lays on top of left upper arm, palm facing out,
and wrist cocked back. Left arm is symmetric, but underneath.
- Squat down, body upright. Both arms wide, then behind.
- With squat finished, hands come together in front, fingers down.
- Pull in close to dantien, lift hands, fingers still pointing down.
- Hands separate, right hand straight up, left hand down. Fingers
lead in both directions.
- Rise from squat, both hands moving to beginning position.
- Repeat to left side, remember that left hand goes up from squat
position on this side
- Cloud hands (Yang style) to right, hold ball
- Cloud hands (Yang style) to left, hold ball
- Chen cloud hands to right, e.g. turn over top hand and push.
- Chen cloud hands to left.
- Right palm comes up, circles to outside then separates
until both arms are straight out.
- Both arms circle down then cross in front, right arm
away from body.
- Both arms raise up, then separate
- Both arms circle behind body, rotating thumbs under to keep
- Sink down, bringing knees together and palms under armpits
to extend to front. Body upright.
- Stand up circling hands down and out continuing all the way
back to Tai Chi beginning.
- Repeat starting to left first, and keep left in front
when arms cross.a
Grasp the Swallow's Tail
- Spread hands to hold the ball pivoting off of left heel.
- Ward off to right. Unlike Yang hands stay very close together.
Left hand very close to right wrist.
- Neutralize to right with body turn, allow hands to separate more.
- Roll back to left.
- Press to right.
- With body circle, circle hands so that right palm faces away
and left hand is under wrist, palm up.
- Shift weight back, letting toe come up. Hands settle at end.
- Put toe down and press forward. Angle is slightly left of
straight ahead, with body turn in that direction.
- Shift weight back, lift toe, separate hands, circle hands down
and behind body.
- Bring hands over head, press toe down, shift weight forward
and press down, leaning forward.
- Swing left arm across body and turn to front, move feet together,
with both arms straight out to sides, parallel to ground, palms up.
- Continue arms up, bending at elbow, and pressing down close to ears.
- Continue pressing down, squatting, all the way to floor.
- Arms open down and back, circling in front to grasp knees
(feet flat on floor), head down.
- Arms cross in front as we stand up and step apart again with same
- Repeat on other side.
- Turn right, pivoting on left heel, right arm continues wide
- Settle back on left, bending right knee and bringing right foot
in. Hands close to in front of body, right low and left high, palms
- Right hand up, left down in opposing motion, while right foot
extends forward along floor, toe up.
- Sink down on left leg, extending hands to toe and extending right
leg along floor. Keep body upright.
- Scoop with hands to palms up, rise up, keeping right
leg on floor and empty
- Turn hands over and press down, lifting right knee,
- Cirle palms out and under armpits, then extend to
front, kicking out with right leg to front, pointing toe. Lean back
- Drop hands to sides, and foot to floor as hands circle
down, out, and back.
- Arms come over the top as we shift weight forward
to right foot, fingers lead hands down by sides, palms back, as left leg
and body make a straight line slanted to front.
- Palms and arms lift and spread (back and out) as
we pivot left foot and then
- Turn to left and shift weight to left.
- Shift weight to right foot as arms come back to front,
right high, left low, palms facing centerline
- Repeat on left side
- Pivot to right on left heel. Bring hands low to hips,
palms down and forward. Form tiger claws, wrists bent back
until there is a little tension, finger tips bent likewise.
- Push up and drop forward. Step forward with
right foot, follow step with left, end with 60 percent weight on back (left)
foot. Settle down.
- Step back with left, swinging hands down and to left hip.
- Step back with left, swinging hands down and to left hip.
- Step back with right, swinging hands in figure 8
to right hip, left hand up, in "kamehameha" pose. Slide left foot
- Step forward with left foot, turned out 45 degrees,
shift to left, turning hands over.
- Step forward with right foot, turned out 45 degrees,
shift forward and sink, left knee behind right foot and on "wrong side".
Don't touch knee down. Continue turning hands until right hand is
- Maintaining tiger claws (and balance on forward foot)
separate hands down and out. Spread elbows almost like chicken wings.
- Bring hands together and circle up over head, keeping
elbows bent and wrists nearly touching, back is arched some.
- Hands back down to front, compress
- Extend right hand forward palm forward, while left
hand claws back (palm down). Simultaneously, left leg extends back
until it makes straight line with body, foot on floor.
- Open by turning right slightly and lifting right
elbow, then turn body to face front, and arms into tiger posture.
Right fist is at forehead or a little higher, palm out. Left fist
is above belly button level, palm in. Weight is on right leg.
- Push left hand to right, turn slightly right and
drop right elbow behind left fist.
- Shift weight to left and Shoot Tiger with Bow.
Right fist is angled to corner, palm down. Don't let it drop too
far in previous step. Left fist is eyebrow height. palm down.
- Open hands, palms up, circle toward left. bringing right foot in,
- Hands circle down to waist in tiger claw,
repeat motions to left side.
- Push with palms to right as in Chen Cloud Hands
- Once facing right gather hands forming fists, down and in, as
gathering reins. Body turns slightly back to front, fists end up palms up,
and left knuckles at right wrist.
- Step out to right with right foot, sinking slightly.
- Skip or "gallop" forward left foot jumping to or past right
foots position and right foot extending again. Weight stays on back foot.
Body turns forward, both hands turn to palm down, extending away from body
- Step back with right foot, while folding arms, right fist
under left forearm, turning first to the right as you step.
- Settle on to right foot, turn body to straight West,
snapping back fists to either side.
- Open hands,circle left hand to front, right hand to rear,
performing High Pat the Horse. Remember to lead with the fingers on
the right hand.
- Continue as in Yang Long Form, wiping right hand down and to left,
turning body to left a little.
- Thrust left hand up and over right hand, while lifting left knee.
- Roll both hands to palm out while lifting and cicling overhead
and out to sides. At the same time, kick (press out) with left heel.
- Turn right toe out, sink on left and continue circling with hands.
- Left foot touches down, and weight comes forward to dragon
stance with arms crossed low in front (right is on bottom).
- Smoothly rise up again on L foot, continuing circle of hands to
overhead, clearing cross, reaching out and kick with right toe to West.
Right hand is extended just above right toe.
- Right leg swings down and behind left, right arm circles up,
left arm circles down, windmill fashion. Pivot to face East, right arm
circles back and down, left arm forward and up. Weight shifts back to left
- Right arm comes up in uppercut punch, right knee lifts with punch.
Left arm circles into fist at waist, palm up.
- Open fists, left pushesh toward right, compressing (as a prayer)
in front, then reverse and press palms out, leaning forward, and kicking
backward like a mule.
- Straigten up, keeping arms extended, and kick (press) forward
with toe turned out. Turn body so left hand comes forward. Right palm
up, thrust fingers down and over right knee as you set right foot down,
sweep left hand to right shoulder, and go into dragon stance, weight on
- Open arms down and out and stand up on right, facing South.
- Repeat to left side.
- Tai Chi Beginning, then pivot to right, pushing with left heel,
palms down. Open arms, shift weight to right.
- Shift weight back to left as arms close, left arm goes high,
right arm low.
- Arms cross in front of body, left down, right up in front, as
right leg steps back and weight shifts to it.
- Arms spread and left toe comes forward in White Crane position.
- Turn body left and right, blocking with forearms. As you complete
the turn to right, bring foot back, and bring right hand to ear.
- Step out left and punch downward with right. Hand forms fist on way
down. Left hand brushes knee then circles back to parry position.
Weight 80 percent to left.
- Shift right foot back and behind left, pointing toe to rear of body
(left of start). Close left hand to fist.
- Shift weight to right foot, bringing up right elbow to below
eye level. Left hand snaps down and palm to rear. Left hip pops when weight
is mostly shifted, should end with nearly straight left side.
- Prep by circling right elbow to right with body, then extend arms
(with hands in fists still) and roll back to left leg, crossing right over
- Circle hands up high, left outside right, and then turn again to
right, keeping weight on left. Right hand snaps down, left hand snaps
up to over shoulder, twisting so palm is facing back, and right toe touches
- Step behind with right foot, and turn body circling left arm
under right until facing the front with arms crossed front.
- Raise fists to eye level, turning fists out and turning body
slightly to left, then snap down back fists on both sides as body returns
- Keeping fists, extend both arms in front at shoulder level, fists
nearly touching palms down.
- Strike back with elbows rotating fists to palms up.
- Open fists and drop arms, circling around to Tai Chi Beginning
- Repeat on other side.